Monday 7 March 2022

Elizabeth Ferrars - Unreasonable Doubt - Mystery Book Guild - 1959

 






Elizabeth Ferrars - Unreasonable Doubt - The Mystery Book Guild - 1959

MBG reprint of book first published in 1958

Elizabeth Ferrars (real name Morna MacTaggart) aka E X Ferrars was a prolific writer of crime fiction. 

While most, if not all, of her books deal with murder, they are not books about violence so much as the impact of violent crime on people whose lives have been hitherto comfortable, or at least have appeared to be so.  

Initially I was unsure if I was going to warm to this book but I have to say that as it proceeded I found it increasingly absorbing.

This is only the third Ferrars book I have read, so I`m no expert. Whatever else you can say about her, she seems to be a dependable source of intelligently written novels which are not likely to be action-packed but tend to be a satisfying read.

I shall certainly look out more titles by her.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment