Sunday 26 November 2017

Cool Times in Goole



Some years ago a customer emailed  me these rather fine pics from her home town of Goole.

I have always liked them and I think it`s time to share them with the world. 


I believe they depict the offices of the Goole Times. 


Goole Times still exists, though now based in different premises, and, along with it`s sister paper the Selby Times, proudly boasts of being "the area`s only locally-owned newspapers" (both belong to the Goole-based Chronicle Publications). 


I don`t know if the building still exists. If anyone can answer that, I`d be interested to hear from you. 






I`ve noticed a couple of sites online that may be interesting if you want to know more about the history of Goole. One is Howdenshire History, the other is eastyorkshirehistory.blogspot.co.uk . I expect there are others if you search about a bit. 

Footnote - I`m grateful to Susan Butler of the Howdenshire History web site for answering my question about this building. I`m pleased to be able to tell you that this building does still exist and is currently in use as a Cancer Research Shop. It was the second building to be used by the Goole Times and I would think it was purpose built for them. 

If you have a few spare moments you could do much worse than visit Susan`s site, which is well worth a visit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment