Sunday 15 April 2018

Tropic Shadows Tropic Sunlight







These are the Tropic Shadows, one of my favourite reggae groups of the late `60s/early `70s. 

They made a number of recordings during their existence - Anniversary (aka Our Anniversary),  Bangarang Festival, Do What You Want, You Can Believe and a couple of others.

I believe they are the same band as Tropic Sunlight who recorded Labour Day  for producer D C Anderson (compare Labour Day and You Can Believe and see what you think).

I notice Anderson also recorded two similarly named bands, The Tropicans and the Tropicsons but whether these were also The Tropic Shadows/Sunlight I don`t know. 

Anyway, I tend to have a Lieutenant Columbo mind. Loose ends and unanswered questions bug me and it bugs me that I know almost nothing about this fine band.

If anyone does know anything about them, I`d be very pleased to hear from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment