Monday 24 May 2021

Detective Crime Club Artwork ; Murder in the Bookshop

 




This is something the postman brought me last week, another addition to my collection of Detective Crime Club books. 

I`m a bit of a latecomer to this series, and only started collecting them recently, though they`ve been around since 2017 I believe. An advantage of that is that many titles in the series can be found in very good condition at a reasonable price quite easily !

They reproduce the artwork from the original 1930s series - sadly usually without artist credits. I think in some cases they may have used the original artwork but made some changes to the way it`s presented.

I`ve just started to read this one - seems pretty good so far and i have to say I really like the cover art !


 



No comments:

Post a Comment