Saturday 7 December 2019

K Turton - Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths in Nottingham - Wharncliffe - 2003



Kevin Wharncliffe - Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deeds in Nottingham - Wharncliffe - 2003

I am not posting reviews at present but thought people might be interested in this book I read recently.

Recommended if you like a bit of non-fiction historical crime.

A very impressive account of one of Nottinghams` most notorious murders,  Herbert Mills` killing  of Mabel Tattershaw,  looks at Mills` confession to a journalist and suggests a motive for both the killing and the (quickly recanted) confession which I had not heard before.  

Also includes Samuel Atherley`s murder of his family at their home in Arnold, which I hadn`t heard of before, despite my  having spent many years living in and around the Arnold area. 


No comments:

Post a Comment